Sunday 2017-10-29

After the 2 week period of October Storms the racing started again with 4 yachts signed up. The winds from the north were colder than we were used but gave us the opportunity to set a long windward leg to Langdon Ridge. Prior to start there was a good deal of preparation to be done but all four yachts made it in time to have some practice with the new crew members signed up through the club’s website Crewing Opportunities page.

The course was set as Start,

dinghy derreck

Race 2 Sunday 12th November

Looking at the weather forecast for tomorrow I note a VERY windy day! I am anticipating that there will be no race... 
 
For this Sunday's race 12th November we are hoping for 4 yachts to be taking part, weather permitting... The race start has been brought forward to 11:00 due to circumstances beyond Nigel's control.... See you all then.

Race 1 Sunday 5th November

Only 2 yachts out on Sunday for the first November race of 2017. Lily suffering from a maintenance issue on both the ship and the Skipper... The two J boats took part in a windy event with northwesterly winds gusting up to 30kt. 
 
Here is a quick report from Cogger on Sunday's race.
Langdon and back 2 reefs in main we flew little kite in big seas although the wind did drop later. The start was delayed until 14:30 when there was a steady 28kt!
 
lol was very wet!
 
On corrected time Just Enough beat Just Jay by a mere 3 seconds!
 
results banner
 
 
 

 Next week we are hoping to see more yachts out including Flying Dragon and Lily.

 

 

To download the full pdf file click on the image below:

The latest Offer from Seahorse Rating Limited

Remember to compete in our or any IRC class races in 2018 you will need a 2018 Certificate... 

IRC Discount 2017